For those of you suffering from a gluten allergy or leading a paleo lifestyle, this banana bread is perfect. Plus there is no added sugar! The sweetness of the bread is completely dependent on the ripeness of the bananas you use. Also this is 21 day sugar detox approved, just make sure to use green tipped(unripe) bananas.
- 2 bananas, (approximately 1-1 1/2 cups mashed)NOTE: the riper the banana the sweeter the bread, so don’t throw away those browning bananas, just puree them and stick them in this bread. If you are following the 21 day sugar detox, use green tipped(unripe) bananas.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter NOTE: you can also substitute coconut butter, ghee(purified butter), butter, macadamia nut butter or really any kind of butter that you have on hand. Do not use peanut butter if you are following the 21 day sugar detox as it is not allowed.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond meal(if you want to learn how to make your own almond meal and almond milk simultaneously click here) NOTE: you can also substitute almond flour, coconut flour, macadamia nut meal, or even regular flour if you aren’t gluten free and don’t have anything else on hand
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (obviously use the gluten free kind if you are gluten-intolerant)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and either grease or place baking cups into 8 molds in your muffin pan.
- Blend your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and butter in a food processor or blender. You can also do this with a hand mixer or by hand, but it will be a little bit more difficult and if you do it this way I suggest mashing the bananas first before adding the other ingredients to make it a little easier.
- You are done blending so you can either mix the other ingredients in your blender or food processor or transfer the blended mixture to another bowl and add in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Fill each of the 8 muffin cups in your pan with an even amount of banana bread mixture.
- Bake for 25-35mins. Every oven varies and mine tends to run hot, so my muffins were done around 28mins. You can tell they are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 muffin
estimated by http://caloriecount.about.com/