I tried to recreate the taste of the green beans you can get at a chinese resturant or buffet in a healthy way. This 21 day sugar detox approved version is crispy and delicious. (It is so good I forgot to take a picture before I chowed down so the picture above is the tiny amount that was left after my boyfriend and I got to it)
- 1 lb green beans(approximately 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos(this is a healthy 21dsd-approved soy sauce substitute)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger(preferably fresh grated, but you can use the spice ground ginger if you don’t have fresh giner)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Trim and wash your green beans, mince your garlic and grate your ginger(if you have fresh ginger).
- Heat the seasame oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and then add your garlic.(If you have fresh giner add it now and simmer with the garlic, otherwise add it in step 4)
- Simmer the garlic for about 30seconds to a minute until it is fragrant.
- Add your green beans and stir to coat in the sesame oil and evenly distribute the garlic. Add your ginger now if you didn’t before.
- Cook the green beans for 5-8mins until they are heated and carmelized a bit(you really just want them to get hot all the way through so they are warm but still crunchy)
- Stir in the liquid aminos(they are going to sizzle but just keep stirring to coat the green beans).
- Remove from the heat and add the sesame seeds. Stir to get and even coating and then serve!
Serving size: 1 cup, Number of servings: ~3