This is one of my favorite burger recipes. I am not usually a big fan of beef but I do enjoy a burger every now and then. I also love small portions of foods because sometimes I don’t want a huge burger. These also make really cute burger slider appetizers for a party. It makes super juicy burgers without using any grains or sugar, so it is 21 day sugar detox approved. It is also super easy to prep and only takes 8-10mins to cook so can be made quickly.
- 1 lb ground beef(or any type of ground meat, turkey is a good substitute if you are looking for a leaner, healtheir version of this burger)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk(you can omit this if you want to avoid dairy)
- Bread/Dinner rolls NOTE: eliminate the buns if you are on the 21 day sugar detox or use my 21dsd sandwich bread(recipe here). I like to use dinner rolls for this when I am not on the 21dsd because they are the perfect size and shape to fit the mini burgers
- In a medium/large bowl combine the ground beef, spices, egg, and milk and mix well. NOTE: I find it easier to use my hands for this but you can use a spoon if you want to, but you are going to get your hands dirty in the next step anyways.
- Grab about 2 tbsps of meat mixture( it should fit into the palm of your hand like the picture below) and roll it into a ball. You will need to make 12 balls for the 12 mini patties so adjust the amount of meat mixture per ball so you have 12 equal balls. NOTE: You can make regular size burgers by creating 4 equally sized balls and then following the rest of the directions but with 4 regular sized patties.
- Squash each ball of meat between your palms and then shape it into a patty with your fingers. You want the patties to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- If you don’t want to cook all your patties now you can place wax or parchment paper between each patty and store it in a baggie for later. Otherwise heat a pan/skillet on medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated arrange as many patties as you can in the pan without them touching.
- Cook them for 4-5mins or until the bottom and sides begin to brown. Flip the burgers over and cook them on the other side for 4-5 mins. You may have to cook these patties in batches, so once these are done cooking transfer the patties to a plate and put the mext batch in the pan.
- Transfer the cooked patties to a plate and top with any of the optional toppings or just eat it plain!
Serving size: 1 mini burger patty(without any toppings) NOTE: a regular size burger equals three of the mini burgers
Number of servings: 12
estimated by http://caloriecount.about.com/