This delicious dairy-free whipped topping would be amazing as a frosting on cakes/cupcakes or as a replacement for whipped cream. You can make this without sugar to make it 21 day sugar detox friendly or add some sweetener to get that typical frosting/whipped cream taste.
Ingredients for the coconut cream frosting:
- Coconut milk (chilled for at least 6 hours in the fridge to ensure it is separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 2 tbsp honey or powdered sugar(to make it sweet)
Directions for Frosting:
- Take the chilled coconut milk out of the fridge and scoop out the coconut cream from the top and place it into a medium sized bowl. You can also filter it through a sieve if some of it sinks to the bottom. You will end up with liquid coconut water in the bottom of the can which you can save for recipes or drink it.
- Add the vanilla( and sugar/honey if you are using) to the cream and then use a hand mixer to beat it until peaks form and it has a consistency similar to whipped cream.(You can also do this with a stand mixer or by hand with a whisk.
- You can use a spoon to spread this as a whipped topping on cakes, cupcakes(like my gluten-free chocolate cupcakes), pies, on top of fruit, or however you want!
Serving Size: 1 tbsp Servings: 12
estimated by http://caloriecount.about.com/