This is a slight variation on the simple vegan ice cream recipe made from only frozen bananas. It is super creamy and delicious without using any dairy! This can also be made 21 day sugar detox friendly by using unripe(green-tipped) bananas. I actually made two different flavors of this ice cream(vanilla and chocolate) to see how it turned out and both were really delicious. Next time I make the chocolate variation I will probably add a little molasses to deepen that chocolate flavor.
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen NOTE: if you are following the 21 day sugar detox use unripe bananas
- 1/4 can coconut milk or 1/4 cup coconut cream NOTE: If you place the coconut milk in the fridge for at least 6 hours, the coconut cream separates and floats to the top so you can use that and save the coconut water for drinking or other recipes. This will make your ice cream thicker and creamier, but the ice cream will be good even if you use non-separated coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For chocolate ice cream: 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, OPTIONAL: 1 tsp molasses.
- Slice your bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Place all your ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (Yes it’s really that simple)
- You can top with sprinkles or any other toppings you want!
Servings: 2 Serving size: 1/2 cup
Vanilla ice cream nutrition:
Chocolate ice cream nutrition:
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/