This is a (more) paleo friendly version of a traditional buttercream frosting replacing the butter with ghee. If you want to make this truly paleo you can substitute an equal amount of this paleo powdered sugar recipe from primal palate for the powdered sugar or you can try substituting honey for the sugar and adding a tbsp or two of arrowroot powder to thicken the frosting.
- 3/4 cup ghee, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2-4 tbsp coconut milk( you can also substitute any other kind of milk)
- Using a hand mixer(or stand mixer) cream your butter by beating at a low-speed for 1-2mins.
- Add in your sugar and beat to combine.
- Mix in your vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency for your frosting.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Servings: 12 Serving Size: 2 tbsp
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/