After going to a food exchange where someone made maple pecan popcorn(which I wasn’t able to trade for) I decided to attempt to replicate it. I had popcorn and maple syrup from my food share, but I didn’t have pecans so used walnuts instead. This is an extremely sweet and heavy snack but extremely good.
- 8 cups of popcorn NOTE: This is the yield from about 1/2 cup popcorn kernels. If you want to know how to pop your popcorn kernels on the stove click here or in the microwave click here
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Toss your popcorn and nuts together to combine.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and evenly spread out the popcorn/nut mixture on the two trays.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add maple syrup and salt and boil (still over medium heat),stirring occasionally. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is well combined, heated through and slightly thickened.
- Take off heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour over popcorn and quickly toss to coat. Allow to cool before eating.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 cup
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/