This is a grown up version of the classic grilled cheese that is healthy and super simple to make. If you pre-roast your beets this is also super quick to prepare.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 medium beet, roasted
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- If you have already cooked/roasted your beets, reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds or oven for a few minutes. Then skip to step__. Otherwise, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Clean the outside of your beet very well. You can leave the skin on for roasting. Cover the beet in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 45-60mins or until the beet is squishy and soft.
- Let the beet cool a bit and then rub off the skin. Slice the beet into 4 equal sections
- Place the beets onto one slice of bread then top with the feta cheese. Cover with the other slice of bread
- Heat your olive oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat. The add your sandwich to the pan.
- Fry on each side for 3-4 mins or until each side is golden.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 1 Serving size: 1 sandwich
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/