Bored of plain roasted root veggies? Me too. By the end of fall/winter I have enough of the endless beets, turnips, rutabegas, squashes and seemingly endless variety of potatoes. So I have tried a few ways to spice them up. This is a method to make those roasted root veggies taste like dessert.
- 6 cups root vegetables, chopped into 1 inch pieces NOTE: I used half sweet potatoes and half rutabegas. Three cups of sweet potato was approximately 2 sweet potatoes, and three cups of rutabagas was 4 medium rutabegas.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy clean up later.
- Chop your root veggies into 1 inch pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon and toss to coat.
- Spread the veggies into a single layer, distributing them evenly between the two baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 mins, stirring/turning the trays around occasionally(I like to do this every 15 mins) to ensure even cooking. The veggies are done when they are browned and soft.
- Serve warm. Will stay in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months in an airtight container.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/