This healthy gluten-free, dairy-free pancake recipe is quick and easy to whip up. It can also be made 21 day sugar detox friendly by using green tipped bananas. They are delicious on their own or you can sweeten it up by adding berries or chocolate chips into the mix and/or by topping with maple syrup, butter, yogurt, honey, or whatever you want!
- 1 ripe banana NOTE: If you are on the 21 day sugar detox use a green tipped banana, otherwise use a very ripe banana so it mashes easily
- 1 egg NOTE: you can also substitute 2 egg whites if you want to make this a little lighter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Berries(any type of berry will work, but strawberries or blueberries are my favorites)
- Chocolate chips
- Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat so it gets nice and hot by the time you are ready to add your batter. You will know it is hot enough when you drop a little bit of water in the pan and it sizzle and evaporates quickly. You may also want to add a little butter or oil right before you add your batter to keep the pancake from sticking
- Mash the banana in a small mixing bowl with a fork. NOTE: If you are using a less ripe banana you might want to use a blender to puree the banana so you don’t have large banana chunks in your pancakes
- Add the egg, cinnamon, and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix together.
- Pour your batter into your preheated pan and cook for 2-4 mins.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for another 2-4 mins.
- Serve immediately plain or topped with your favorite pancake toppings.
Servings: 1 Serving Size: 1 plain pancake
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/