The first time I received popcorn on the cob in my food share I was a little disappointed because I thought it was just a decoration. Then a friend told me it was actually popcorn and is actually super easy to pop. Read on to find out how easy.
- Popcorn on the cob NOTE: You can also use this method to pop popcorn kernels that are separated from the cob. Use 2 tbsp of popcorn kernels.
- Remove the stalk from your dried corn if it is still attached.
- Place the corn in a brown paper bag. NOTE:Only place one cob or 2 tbsp of kernels per bag or it may overflow.
- Fold the top of the bag down 2-3 times and lay the bag down so the fold is down on the bottom of the microwave. You want this to be able to let steam escape but still remain closed so the popcorn doesn’t flow out into your microwave.
- Microwave for 2-4 minutes or until you hear the popping sounds become infrequent. Do not microwave for more than 5mins as your popcorn might burn.
- Add the seasonings of your choice or serve plain and enjoy. Yields about 2 cups popped popcorn. This will stay in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. If you want to try maple walnut popcorn the recipe is here.
Servings: 1 Serving Size: 2 cups
estimated by http://www.caloriecount.com/